I guess The Boy got tired of not having anything yummy for breakfast because he asked for the paleo breakfast bar I like to make for us occasionally. This time he wanted raspberries but really, you can do it with any fruit. We've done it with blueberries too.
It was 42°C outside but for The Boy, I put the AC on and then turned on the oven to make these for him. :-)
Here's the recipe:
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 punnets raspberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8x8 baking dish with parchment paper.
- In a bowl combine the almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- In another bowl, mix together the coconut oil, coconut sugar, eggs and vanilla extract.
- Slowly stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until just combined.
- Mix half the berries into the batter.
- Pour the batter into the lined baking dish and smooth with a spatula.
- Sprinkle the remaining berries evenly on top and press down into batter slightly.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 180°C or until toothpick comes out clean.
Add different flavors such as orange, lemon, or coconut for a different twist on these delicious bars! You can even use nuts if you want a nutty bar.PS. I found this recipe on the interwebz. I do not know where the original recipe came from, but to whoever created this, thank you!!
If you don't have fresh berries, you can also use frozen berries. They work just as well.
This recipe is paleo and gluten free. It's also delicious.
We have this for breakfast with a dab of butter on it. Very tasty. :-)
If you do make this, be sure to post pictures for me to see either on Instagram - be sure to tag me with @langshipley or on my Daz In The Kitchen Facebook page.
© This work is copyrighted to Invest-Ex and Destiny's Fortunes Pty Ltd
Find me around SOCIAL MEDIA: